Kelly Park at Rock Springs:
Rock Springs, Florida 32712
Beautiful park, cool swimming, shaded campground
This is one of our favorite spots to visit. Its about 30 minutes from Orlando and in my opinion…its definitely a Florida hidden gem! The Rock Springs bubble up from underground rivers at the breathtaking rate of 26,000 gallons a minute, feeding a string of swimming holes with crystal clear water at a constant temperature of 68 degrees.
This gives the Park a cool natural lazy river. The river flows at a good pace to just float or snorkel down the stream while exploring the beauty of it all. Most people who visit Rock Springs do so for the amazing tubing. The process for tubing Rock Springs is that you float from the top of the spring run, to the bottom, then repeat as much or as little as you want. If you would rather just swim it also has a swimming hole area which i consider kid friendly.
Note: If you bring your own tubes, remember that tubes can’t be more than 5 feet long or wide!
WILDLIFE: Visitors to Rock Springs Kelly Park, and the surrounding areas, often see local Florida wildlife:
This location is definitely a cool spot to grab your go pro and adventure underwater. We found these really cute goggles and decided why not have fun and wear them!
Right next to the river is a cool spot the lay out and grab some sun or just relax and look at the fish as they swim down stream.
At the end of the “lazy river’ there is a really cool spot to relax, take some photos, or even do some snorkling.
- Clear cool water
- Tubing (Rent from outside the park or bring your own)
- Hiking trails
- Cool limestone boulders and rock formations
- Limestone caves
- Great chances to see wildlife
- Family-friendly adventure
- Full-service concession: Snacks and some river gear
- Picnic pavilions
- On-site camping and other options close by
- 30 miles from Orlando!
Donate to our Travels
- FREE AT HOME WORKOUTS!Hi, im Gina and im a Fit Mom, IFBB Pro, and Entrepreneur! Im so glad you stopped by! Let’s get active and moving! Pick any video or head over to my YouTube to find the rest! Leave a comment below andContinue reading “FREE AT HOME WORKOUTS!”
- TRAVEL FLORIDA: JOHNS PASS BOARDWALK & VillageAs shown in the video below, John’s Pass Village and Boardwalk is a family friendly place to visit. It sits on the Intercoastal Highway (making it easy to access) and has become the #1 tourist attraction in Pinellas County, Florida. John’s PassContinue reading “TRAVEL FLORIDA: JOHNS PASS BOARDWALK & Village”
- WORKOUT LIKE A PROAre you ready to take your fitness journey to the next level? Are you a beginner and need guidance with a workout routine in the gym? Are you simply unmotivated and bored with your workout routine? If you answered yes toContinue reading “WORKOUT LIKE A PRO”
- Floridas Hidden Gem Beach: FORT DE SOTO PARK3500 Pinellas Bayway S, Tierra Verde, FL 33715 South-southwest of St. Petersburg, Florida, Fort De Soto Park is a park operated by Pinellas County on five offshore keys, or islands: Madelaine Key, St. Jean Key, St. Christopher Key, Bonne Fortune KeyContinue reading “Floridas Hidden Gem Beach: FORT DE SOTO PARK”
- The Best Travel Meal Prep Bag 2022Are you a fitness fanatic, travel junkie, or even a busy workaholic? 6 Pack Bags are here to help you succeed while enjoying life and reaching goals! From Backpacks with Coolers inside to full on Meal Coolers, 6 Pack Bags haveContinue reading “The Best Travel Meal Prep Bag 2022”
- Best Protein Supplements 2022Protein is an important factor for growing muscle, maintaining your physique, and even just everyday activities. YES, you can get protein from meats, beans, and other types of foods but if your wanting an easy grab and go shake…than keep onContinue reading “Best Protein Supplements 2022”